PLACES NOT TO PARK:
1. The entrance to the Unocal/Phillips 66 plant. It is a gated driveway on the south side of Broadway near their large petroleum tanks. It will be marked, but not blocked because their trucks need to have access to the driveway throughout the day. It is IMPERATIVE that you do not park anywhere near this driveway! Unocal/Phillips 66 has been very gracious in allowing us to use their parking lot, please show your appreciation by respecting the no parking areas around their business.
2. Anywhere near the entrance to the Chevron Plant. They will tow cars that block their gate or park on their property as they do a large volume of business on Sundays and have public safety concerns.
3. In the Front Street Animal Shelter parking lot or in front of their driveway (North of the shelter). They adopt out a large number of animals each Sunday. It is particularly crucial that the public not be discouraged from Sunday adoptions due to lack of parking or easy access…. Our parking system must be effective in order that they do not loose ANY adoptions on the second Sunday each month. Please help us with this, it is vitally important!
4. On or near the railroad tracks. Cars anywhere near the tracks will be ticketed and towed.
5. On private property of any kind. Even if an area appears to be closed or abandoned, you may be ticketed if it is on private property. If there is any question in your mind at all for your own sake please choose a different space.
6. In front of fire hydrants, gates, driveways, private property, No parking anytime, or anywhere your are just not sure of. We want you to have a great day at the Faire and we don’t want any of our valued customers to end up with tickets!
PLEASE NOTE: The California Automobile Museum has been generous in offering to allow our shoppers to use the asphalt spaces in front of their museum (approximately 35 spaces) from the time we open until 10:00 a.m. at which time they MUST be available for their customers. The Museum holds many special events in addition to their regular daily flow of customer traffic for which they need to have ALL of the asphalt spaces open and available from 10:00 to their close of business.
Again, Sacramento Antique Faire shoppers may use these spaces between the hours of5:00 a.m. and 9:45 a.m. If you do not think you will leave the Faire by 9:45 a.m. please choose a different place to park.
The dirt lot of 145 spaces that is located directly across from the California Automobile Museum is open to Sacramento Antique Faire shoppers for the entire day every second Sunday month!
Parking will be directed by Sacramento Antique Faire staff members each month so that we can achieve full use of available parking, and therefore, better serve our customers and our Front Street neighbors. Please follow their lead at all times.
Due to many businesses operating within a small area, it is vitally important to the continuation of the Faire that everyone show respect and cooperation to the other area businesses and to the parking rules that are in place, when attending the Faire each month.
The City of Sacramento (Multiple Parking Agencies/Parks & Recreation), The Sacramento Police Department, The Sacramento Marina, Miller Park, The Front Street Animal Shelter, The California Automobile Museum, Unocal/Phillips 66, Chevron, and The Sacramento City Council have all had some interest in getting us onboard in our new location. They are behind us, but want to be assured that we will keep the streets clear and safe, and the area businesses free from any negative impact relative to our second Sunday operation. With your help, we are confident that we will succeed.
Thank you for your continued support, we look forward to seeing you tomorrow, and every Second Sunday at the Sacramento Antique Faire!
Marylon Rose and the Sacramento Antique Faire Staff